The World Experience Festival is the 4th edition under which it will be presented the concept of the most complex multicultural project in Eastern Europe, the Embassies Festival. It will take place on September 3-9 2018, at ARCUB (3-9 September) and in Titan Park (7-9 September) with the participation of 70 embassies, cultural institutes, international organizations, ethnic communities, national minorities, and more than 80 multi-corner artists of the world.
The project is organized under the aegis of the European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018 and the National Commission of Romania for UNESCO. The festival proposes for this edition a creative approach to experimenting the world and intercultural dialogue through music and sounds, these being seen as an identity part of the culture of the participating countries. The festival is outlined as a soundtrack that invites audiences to discover more countries and civilizations, through authentic live music and performing arts, interactive exhibitions and installations, conferences, cinematography, gastronomy, traditions, multicultural and multiethnic creative workshops.
The platform festival celebrates the diversity of world cultural heritage in one city, conveys messages of respect, tolerance and openness to other cultures and nationalities, it is the expression of the multicultural celebration of the world on a single stage in Bucharest. The project brings together the creativity, art, traditions and the flavors of the world into one unique event.
The 4th edition of the festival, under the theme of The Sounds of the World, will bring musicians and artists from the following countries: Sudan, Italy, Cyprus, Argentina, Brazil, Cuba, Peru, Iran, Indonesia, Congo, Syria, Ireland, India, Palestine, Croatia, Japan, Albania and others.
Early line-up on stage:
The main events of the festival program:I. The Sounds of the World – The World Art Exhibition organized at ARCUB (Hanul Gabroveni) // 3-9 September || Visit schedule: between 11:00 and 21:00
- Interactive musical exhibition: Sounds of the World –Sounds of the World: A kaleidoscopic exhibition concept of musical art that will bring to the front instruments, musical genres and sounds from different parts of the world.
- Workshops: The Sound Experience– workshops where participants will have the opportunity to test and experience some of the most interesting traditional instruments from multiple geographies, and authentic cultural ceremonies.
- Conferences: World Musical Dialogue, a series of discursive events and workshops devoted to world musicology with national and international music experts, who will address themes such as music seen as a diplomatic instrument, UNESCO’s creative musical cities and preservation of musical heritage.
- World Cinema: Over 15 cinematographic screenings, both documentary and artistic, that will address themes related to the music and dances of the world.
II. Outdoor Zone of World Bazaar & World Music & Shows organized in Titan Park (World Globe Entrance) // 7 – 9 September || hours: 12:00 – 10 p.m.
- The main stage of the festival– artists from all over the world will have exotic performances of music and performing art on stage in the Titan Park, in an effervescent, multicultural, colorful and rhythm program.
- Multicultural Bazaar– presentation pavilions where all festival participants (embassies, organizations, ethnic minorities) will exhibit their most representative cultural heritage objects, organize artistic workshops and gastronomic tastings, offer souvenirs and interact with the public, provide information about their countries and activities.
- World Food Arena– Restaurants, food trucks, sweets and soft drinks with recipes representative for countries in Latin America, Asia and Europe.
The public benefits at all the events and moments during the festival of free entry.